Saturday, January 2, 2010

A trip to the library

Joel needed the house to himself for an hour or two and I needed to turn in some library books so you know where we went, right?  We were able to pick up Lentil, How to Make an Apple Pie and The Night of the Moonjellies.  So we are pretty much set to work through the end of the month.  And unfortunately, that will probably get us to the end of our FIAR volume 1.  I'm still torn as to whether we will move on to volume 2 or to venture into a self created curriculum or purchase something that will be more geared towards first grade. 

I did get a first from Hannah today.  I told her that a DVD was coming in the mail that would teach her how to read and asked her if she wanted to learn how to read.  She said "yes" and that is the very first time that she has been agreeable to the option.  I did not buy one of those DVD sets off the the television, I merely rented one that was on Netflix and have no idea if it's any good or not.  I guess we'll find out tomorrow or Monday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment