Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mixing Things Up

The science lesson for today is mixtures!  So we mixed up some pudding and for lunch I think we'll mix up some soup maybe with noodles like Giovanni had in The Clown of God . We also souped up the science lesson by talking about how rainbows are formed.  The simplified version of sun plus rain equals rainbow.  I might throw in the story of Noah later today to round out the whole rainbow mixture theme.
We have Midweek Mania starting tonight.  I hope that Hannah really enjoys herself.  She really moved straight out of the nursery and into the fast lane!
I purchased Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons awhile back and it was packed away during our move.  I found it again the other day and we started it two days ago.  Hannah HATES it, but I'm making her do it anyway.  She does love drawing her letters on Joel's Ipod Touch Whiteboard (free app), so that's how I get her involved. 
I don't think I expected as much of the "I don't want to do school" as I have been getting the last couple of days.  It's our third week, and I imagined that she would be over that at this point, but instead I have to be the mom and tell her we're doing it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment